When I played Perfect Dark as a kid on the good old Nintendo 64 I realized female protagonists held a minority positions in video games. Ever since I’ve tried to make my own small contributions towards helping fix that gap. With this blog my intention is to promote games with female protagonists and help remedy what I feel are often harmful reductionist narratives surrounding them (although topics vary depending on what I want to talk about).
In the current environment where we're all sandwiched between groups across the political spectrum, all engaging in clickbait politics where generating outrage for attention is more important than actually getting results, I feel pretty much homeless. I think the people who do things like wanting to boycott Star Wars for the crime of casting a woman in the lead are stupid (especially since they also somehow believe they have succeeded despite Star Wars movies never having been more profitable), but neither do I want to ally myself with people who keep claiming any game or movie with a female protagonist is the first one ever and how everything a man does or enjoys is somehow misogynistic.
Thus, if you can stomach an opinion that might not always align with that of a certain group or school of thought, I hope you enjoy your stay.
Level: 29 (born 1988)
- Loves Tomb Raider, dislikes the recent reboot for wiping canon.
- Once beat the Water Temple with a key to spare.
- Owns a Japanese version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 despite never having imported it.
- Has seen every episode of Heroes. Only really likes season 1.
- Thinks Castlevania 1 is easier than any NES Super Mario Bros.
- Used to play Mario Strikers Charged online with a friend as Daisy.
- Will probably offend you by liking things you hate.